Send In-Bond Transfer of Liability Page (U.S. In-Bond Manager)
The Send In-Bond Transfer of Liability Page is a page in BorderConnect U.S. In-Bond Manager used to electronically transmit an In-Bond Transfer of Liability Message to CBP. This page can be accessed by hovering over 'U.S. In-Bonds' and selecting 'Transfer Liability' or by clicking the 'Send Transfer of Liability Request' option in the 'Update In-Bond' dropdown button from the In-Bond Report Details Page. Sending an U.S. In-Bond Transfer of Liability to CBP is common if a new bonded carrier would like to take control of an in-bond that was originally intended to be taken by another bonded carrier at the time of filing the in-bond. It's important to note that only the carrier that will take control of the in-bond can file the Transfer of Liability and not the carrier that will be giving away control, otherwise it may result in CBP penalties. The in-bond must also be in an 'Enroute' status for a Transfer of Liability Request to be sent and cannot be in an 'On File', 'Arrived', 'Exported', or 'Concluded' status.
Transferring In-Bond Liability
- In-Bond Entry Number
- The main number identifying the in-bond to CBP. Should be 9 numeric digits, with no spaces, dashes or other characters. This field will be pre-filled if you are sending the transfer of liability request from the in-bond from the in-bond report.
- In-Bond Transfer Of Liability Date
- The effective date for the transfer of liability.
- In-Bond Transfer Of Liability Time
- The effective time for the transfer of liability.
- Liable Carrier SCAC
- The SCAC code of the carrier accepting liability for the in-bond.
- Liable Bonded Carrier ID
- The number identifying the bond holder accepting liability for this in-bond shipment to CBP. If you have already used this field previously, you can hit space to see a list of options. Valid formats for the In-bond Carrier Identification codes are: NN-NNNNNNNXX (Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Number), YYDDPP-NNNNN (USCBP Assigned Number), and NNN-NN-NNNN (Social Security Number)
- Transfer Of Liability City
- The city at which the transfer of liability is taking place.
- Transfer Of Liability State
- The U.S. state in which the transfer of liability is taking place.
- House Bill Number
- Only used for in-bonds with the Air mode of transport. Not required.