Add New Commodity to QP Bill of Lading Page (U.S. In-Bond Manager)
The Add New Commodity to QP Bill of Lading Page is a page in BorderConnect U.S. In-Bond Manager where the user adds commodity details to a QP in-bond bill of lading. It allows the user to enter the main commodity information for the QP in-bond bill of lading details and save it once finished. The Add New Commodity to QP Bill of Lading Page can be accessed by clicking the 'Save and Create Commodity' button after entering the initial QP bill of lading details on the Start New QP Bill of Lading Page. Please note that the tooltips below specific fields will provide additional details and indicate if specific fields are optional.
- Used to provide a description of the goods that make up the shipment. The description must be plain language and sufficient to identify the cargo for customs purposes. The description can be between 1 and 45 characters.
- Used to indicate the number and type of packages of the goods that make up the shipment. The number of packages can be entered in the text field, and must be a whole number. The drop down menu is used to select the package type from the list. e.g. boxes, barrels
- Net Weight
- Used to indicate the net weight of the goods that make up the shipment. The weight can be entered in the text field and must be a whole number. The drop-down menu is used to select the weight unit from the list. e.g. pounds, kilograms
- Used to indicate the total value of the goods in U.S. dollars.
- HTS Code
- Used to indicate the Harmonized Code, which is the first 6 digits of the commodity's harmonized tariff schedule classification. The harmonized code should be entered in 6 digit format, without decimals. Please note that if you can't locate the harmonized code on your paperwork, it's highly recommended that you consult with your client or their broker as classification can be difficult and requires training.
- Marks and Numbers
- Used to provide the symbols and markings on the outside of the packaging.