Service Provider Guide (ACE and ACI eManifest)
This guide offers instructions on using BorderConnect as an eManifest Service Provider. Using BorderConnect as an eManifest service provider helps customs brokers and border consulting firms manage ACE and ACI eManifests for highway carriers. It is also possible to offer eManifest software with your branding to self-filing carriers, using BorderConnect's white-label eManifest portal.
- 1 Definition of eManifest Service Provider
- 2 Registering With BorderConnect as a Service Provider
- 3 eManifest Service Provider White Label Portal
- 4 Using BorderConnect API as a Service Provider
- 5 Adding New Companies
- 6 Managing Company Profiles
- 7 Managing Company Data
- 8 ACE Manifest Software Guide
- 9 ACI eManifest Software Guide
Definition of eManifest Service Provider
An eManifest Service Provider is any company that files eManifest data with customs on behalf of multiple highway carriers.
Registering With BorderConnect as a Service Provider
If your company doesn't already have an account with BorderConnect, go to www.borderconnect.com and click Sign Up Now. When choosing your Account Type during the registration use the drop-down menu to select the option eManifest Service Provider then, finish entering your company and user details and finish the registration.
Registering as a Service Provider in BorderConnect
After you have verified your registration and account via email, a BorderConnect representative will follow up within 1-2 business days and discuss your options, and if you require a white-label eManifest portal.
eManifest Service Provider White Label Portal
As a BorderConnect eManifest Service Provider, you have the option to have your own branded eManifest portal for your customers to use.
One of the many custom branded service providers that use BorderConnect as their eManifest portal.
How To Get Started With a White-Label Portal
After BorderConnect sets your company up as a service provider we can get started with your white-label portal set up.
- What we need to get started
- Your branding style guide. (this includes brand colours, logo and the URL to your companies website.)
Advantages of a White-Label Portal
- No Development Investment
- BorderConnect provides its own platform as an eManifest portal, so no software development is needed by third-party companies to develop their own eManifest portal.
- Tailored To The Companies Brand
- BorderConnect uses your branding and styling for an eManifest portal login page and eManifest portal as if the portal belongs to the service provider.
Using BorderConnect API as a Service Provider
BorderConnect's API provides a simple way to exchange eManifest related data. This helps service providers and business software to send and receive eManifest data from Canada Border Services Agency and U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
All eManifest data is encoded as JSON (Java Script Object Notation), which a simple text-based format. The connection to BorderConnect API uses WebSockets, known for it's easy-of-use, flexibility and performance.
For more information on how BorderConnect API works, or to read the BorderConnect API guide, click here.
Adding New Companies
As a BorderConnect eManifest service provider, you can easily add new companies that want to register with you. A service provider can add companies in two ways.
Registering a New Company
To register a new company, navigate to the top right, under the Account menu option and then click 'Register New Company'. From the Register New Company page, enter the company details and user account credentials, then finish the registration.
Have Company Register Themselves
The second option to add companies is to have them register themselves using the external registration form provided on the service providers site, using the white-label portal. The company registering simply needs to enter their company and user details. Once the company is registered, the service provider will follow up with them to activate their account.
Service Provider sign up menu option.
Managing Company Profiles
Managing company profiles and switching between different companies is very simple and user-friendly. All service providers can use the Change Company box on the top right of the screen and switch companies by typing in the name of the company or by typing in the Carrier Code or SCAC (Standard Carrier Alpha Code). An added feature is the ability to change company by truck unit number, driver name and more.
Administration buttons and company switcher.
ACE And ACI Fax Service Listing Page
As a service provider you have the ability to manage and view ACE or ACI eManifests for multiple companies in one location. Using the service provider administration section on the top right of the page allows you to switch between ACE Fax Service and ACI Fax Service easily using the buttons provided.
From the Fax Service listing page you can view and manage all of the eManifests for multiple companies that were created by you as a service provider.
ACE Fax Service Listing Page
Managing Company Data
The first step is create profiles for any drivers, trucks and trailers that may be crossing the border. The information in these profiles will be used to complete mandatory fields on your manifests. It is recommended that you enter the profile information ahead of time to facilitate creating eManifests. Please refer to the individual sections for instructions on entering and maintaining:
ACE Manifest Software Guide
The below articles focus on the different pages and features users will come across using BorderConnect ACE Manifest software. For core ACE Manifest articles, visit ACE Manifest Software User Guide
- Start New ACE Manifest Page
- Start New ACE Shipment Page
- ACE Manifest Details Page
- Edit ACE Manifest Page
- ACE Shipment Details Page
- Edit ACE Shipment Page
- ACE Manifest Search Page
- ACE Shipment Search Page
- ACE Commodity Details Page
- Add/Edit Commodity for ACE Shipment Page
- ACE In-Bond Sequences
ACI eManifest Software Guide
The below articles focus on the different pages and features users will come across using BorderConnect ACI eManifest software. For core ACI eManifest articles visit the ACI eManifest Software User Guide
- Start New ACI eManifest Page
- Start New ACI Shipment Page
- ACI eManifest Details Page
- ACI Shipment Details Page
- Edit ACI eManifest Page
- Edit ACI Shipment Page
- ACI Commodity Description Search Page
- ACI eManifest Search Page
- ACI Shipment Search Page
- Add/Edit Commodity for ACI Shipment Page
- ACI Commodity Description Search Page
- ACI Shipper/Consignee Search Page
- ACI CSA Importer Search Page
- Generating ACI Lead Sheets
- ACI Hazardous Goods Search Page